JANITORIAL PROJECT SUPERVISOR
Our Janitorial Project Supervisor Position is a 30 + hr. position providing supervision to janitorial work crews as needed as well as completing special janitorial projects at job sites. Janitorial knowledge, floor care knowledge such as waxing, stripping, scrubbing, knowledge of using floor care machines, carpet cleaning, glass work is preferred. Effective problem solving, communication, documentation skill, and organizational skill are beneficial. Experience working with adults with disabilities and supervisor experience preferred. Must be able to pass Federal and City background checks and have a valid driver’s license.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Janitorial Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Janitorial Crews and Projects
Ongoing Daily Responsibilities:
1. Substitute for crew supervisors as needed.
2. Supervise work performed by employees ensuring quality control.
3. Provide supervising to employees in general work performance and work habits.
4. Complete employee assessments as assigned.
5. Supervise specific floor projects as assigned.
6. Maintain accurate employee documentation and production records.
7. Ensure and instruct employees on safety.
8. Perform equipment care and maintenance.
9. Monitor supply usage.
10. Provide safe transportation of employees and safe operation of company vehicles and equipment.
11. Maintain quality control measures for services.
12. Perform periodical cleaning requirements as needed.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Attends all mandatory orientation and training activities, scheduled staff meetings, and in-services/training as requested by Supervisor.
2. Maintains required certifications.
3. Adheres to corporate policies and procedures.
4. Maintain appropriate attendance.
5. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with individuals, co-workers, parents, agencies, and the public.
6. Uses communication skills to participate effectively as a team member.
7. Documents accurately work performed on time sheets/MITC and task sheets and submit them in a timely manner to Supervisor for approval.
8. Uses equipment and supplies efficiently and informs Supervisor of shortages/needs.
9. Safeguards and keeps confidential all Private and Personal Information regarding individuals with disabilities received in the course of their employment by the Corporation.
10. Practice safe work habits and follow all safety regulations and company procedures.
11. Maintain strictest confidentiality.
1. No record of abuse/neglect or exploitation of others.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Must be bondable and insurable.
4. Experience in janitorial work.
5. Supervisory experience preferred.
6. Experience in training disabled persons preferred.
7. Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving history.
8. Federal and City Security clearance required.
9. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Must Have: Valid driver license, No history of neglect, abuse or exploitation
Excellent Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Generous amounts of Paid Time Off, 403(b) Retirement with up to 4% employer match, Flexible Spending and Employee Assistance Program.
If you are employed by a Not-For-Profit organization such as Opportunity Resources, Inc. and working 30 hours or more as a Regular Staff, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness on Federal College Loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Veterans strongly encouraged to apply!
Extensive background checks will be completed on all applicants.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status”
Click the Apply button below to complete an application.