DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL 1 on 1
Full-Time Position providing one-on-one support to individual with disabilities in a vocational/community setting.
A qualified individual responsible for assisting individuals in their day-to-day living, by providing choices to enhance their quality of life.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Day Service Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct assistance and supervision to individuals.
- Responds to individuals’ changing needs.
- Implements training curricula, activity materials, and activity plans which promote the personal and social adjustment, work performance, and community integration of individuals.
- Participates in assigned assessments, individualized planning, skill training and behavioral deceleration programs, including recording data.
- Observes and reports all health and medical needs of the individuals to the supervisor and keeps parties informed of the individuals’ well-being.
- Assists individuals in the self-administration of medications and keeps documentation as assigned.
- Assists individuals in arranging outings, making purchases, and providing opportunities for community integration and inclusion.
- Assists individuals with personal care as needed.
- Intervenes effectively in response to challenging behaviors exhibited by individuals served.
- Documents and reports suspected incidents of abuse, exploitation, and neglect to APS & the Director of Services.
- Writes incident reports for events that affect the health and safety of individuals.
- Accompanies and/or transports individuals to community events/outings, medical appointments, and work.
- Identifies the need for adaptive equipment and follows up on implementation.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Attends all mandatory orientation and training activities, scheduled staff meetings, and in-services/training as requested by Supervisor.
- Maintains required certifications.
- Adheres to corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate attendance.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with individuals, co-workers, parents, agencies, and the public.
- Uses communication skills to participate effectively as a team member.
- Accurately documents work hours performed on time sheets/MITC and task sheets and submit them promptly to Supervisor for approval.
- Uses equipment and supplies efficiently and informs Supervisor of shortages/needs.
- Safeguards and strictly maintains all Private and Personal Information regarding individuals with disabilities received during and after the course of their employment.
- Practices safe work habits and follow all safety regulations and company procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Prior experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
- No record of abuse/neglect or exploitation of others.
- Must have or obtain a valid Montana driver’s license, be insurable and present proof of private auto insurance in compliance with Montana State law within 1 month of hire.
- Must have or obtain Medication Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Must attend Agency Orientation within 30 days of hire.
- Physical effort is required to perform the following: lift or physically assist individuals in daily activities; restrain individuals; carry supplies; perform household cleaning, and move furniture. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. In addition, standing, walking, and bending are required. Both indoor and outdoor activities are required.
- Exposure to unpleasant sights, sounds, odors, and physical aggression may be encountered.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions.
- Scheduling requires flexibility, e.g., Overnights, weekends, change in schedule, additional hours.
Excellent Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Generous amounts of Paid Time Off, 403(b) Retirement with up to 4% employer match, Flexible Spending, and the Employee Assistance Program.
If you are employed by a Not-For-Profit organization such as Opportunity Resources, Inc. and working 30 hours or more as a Regular Staff, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness on Federal College Loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply!
Extensive background checks will be completed on all applicants.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.”
Click the Apply button below to complete an application.