ADULT COMPANION (Kalispell, MT)
Part-Time position providing support to adults with disabilities. Assisting with but not limited to meal prep, laundry, housekeeping, and outings.
DEFINITION: Individual responsible for daily living activities for individuals with disabilities.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Remote Community Services
- Performs basic functions of housekeeping tasks which include but are not limited to:
- Making beds
- Disposing of trash
- Cleaning of bathroom and kitchen.
- Launder clothes which involves washing, drying, and folding.
- Perform errands which may include grocery shopping and other incidental items.
- Attends all mandatory orientation and training activities, scheduled staff meetings, and in-services/training as requested by Supervisor.
- Maintains required certifications.
- Adheres to corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate attendance.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with individuals, co-workers, parents, agencies, and the public.
- Uses communication skills to participate effectively as a team member.
- Documents accurately work performed on time sheets/MITC and task sheets and submit them in a timely manner to Supervisor for approval.
- Uses equipment and supplies efficiently and informs Supervisor of shortages/needs.
- Safeguards and strictly maintains confidentiality of all Private and Personal Information regarding individuals with disabilities received in the course of their employment by the Corporation.
- Practices safe work habits and follow all safety regulations and company procedures.
- Repeated bending, twisting, stooping, walking, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
QUALIFICATIONS: High School diploma or equivalent. Valid Driver’s License. No record of abuse/neglect or exploitation.
Excellent Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Generous amounts of Paid Time Off, 403(b) Retirement with up to 4% employer match, Flexible Spending, and the Employee Assistance Program.
If you are employed by a Not-For-Profit organization such as Opportunity Resources, Inc. and working 30 hours or more as a Regular Staff, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness on Federal College Loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply!
Extensive background checks will be completed on all applicants.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.”
Click the Apply button below to complete an application.